Table of Contents
Craftsman is a value-oriented, quality brand, and this heavy-duty CRAFTSMAN CMCF900M1 impact wrench offers great deals at a low price. With 0-2500 impacts per min, up to 350 foot/pounds of torque, and a large battery included, you’ll have everything you need to keep going.
The 4Ah battery has a substantial charge, so you won’t have to think about charging it after each working session. The battery is also “multi-chemistry,” which is just a polite way of saying that it’s a regular lithium-ion battery if you don’t know what that means.
Overall, the Craftsman high-duty impact wrench is suitable for home mechanics and DIY enthusiasts, but it should not be used for heavy activities.
|Item Weight||7.6 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||12.75 x 2.86 x 9.79 inches|
|Item model number||CMCF900M1|
|Batteries||1 Lithium ion batteries required. (included)|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Style||Impact Wrench Kit|
|Material||100% Stainless Steel|
|Torque||35 Inch Pounds|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Included Components||CMCF900 Impact Wrench, 20V MAX* CMCB204 (4.0Ah) Lithium Ion Battery, 20V MAX* Lithium Ion Fast Charger|
|Battery Cell Type||Lithium Ion|
Craftsman CMCF900M1 Impact Wrench Key Features
- 1/2-in. part of the V20 Cordless System Hog ring anvil on a cordless impact wrench for fast socket changes
- The maximum torque of 350 ft-lbs. and IPMs of 2,500 for efficiently removing larger fasteners
- Full RPMs of 1,700 with variable speed trigger for added power
- LED lighting increases visibility in low-light environments.
- V20 20V MAX* 4.0Ah high capacity lithium battery is included for extended runtime in heavy-duty applications.
- The quick charger included recharges the high-capacity lithium battery in 60 minutes or less.
- This product is compatible with the VERSATRACKTM Wall Organization System. Clip and accessories are available separately.
CMCF900M1 Impact Wrench pros & Cons
The torque wrench is more significant than expected, but it feels strong in hand. It is easy to cut lug nuts—plenty of torque and fuel for automotive tasks. The torque wrench pictures are a little misleading in that the business end of the tool is not black as it appears in the photos. It’s more like a dark grey. This has no impact on the wrench’s functionality.
Full disclosure: my only complaint is that a power tool of this caliber did not come with a case or pocket, which is surprising given how difficult it is to find one that matches a torque wrench. I really wouldn’t swap this for any of the other cordless torque wrenches under $200. I wholeheartedly recommend this method!
Are Craftsman impact drivers good?
The impact driver has a 3-speed gearbox and a maximum torque of 1700 in/lbs for challenging work. At speed 3, the full revolutions per minute is an impressive 2,900 RPM. At 2.1lbs, this tool performs admirably for its size. Both tools’ LED work lights were bright and well-placed.
What is the Country of origin Craftsman?
Are impact wrenches worth it?
An impact wrench and the necessary compressor would be costly ONLY till you were used. Craftsman makes life much more straightforward. Even if you think you’ll need it for a few jobs right now, once you have it, you’ll discover other jobs.